Thursday, May 20, 2010

Something New


You never know what may unfold when you venture down a new path. Or who you will meet and how the spiraling out of those encounters will alter things forever. This is change. When we take the first step on any journey, a journey off the beaten track, beyond that first step lies the unknown....


After years of teaching Birthing From Within, where the unknown is the expected, where life becomes a metaphor for birth, I have developed a layer beneath the surface that embraces the unknown....I catch myself day to day when things don't go as I've "expected" them to go and my reactions to this. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to recognize what's happening and release my expectations and resume in the moment...more flexible, more responsive to the now, less attached to my "expectations". It is actually not that easy....it's changing my programed response or my auto-pilot and that takes alot of awareness....sometimes the awareness is there but my Rebel Child is stronger and I just follow my old ways.


Anyhow, what I was getting at is that for some the unexpected or the unknown is not a welcomed thing BUT I kinda like it.....I like believing that there are no coincidences...that everything happens for one reason or another...and that we are not victim to circumstance...we are here to learn and to choose moment to moment how we would like to respond (rather than react) to life. That said...having vision seems to be a good thing....I'm good at recognizing what I don't want....it's quite obvious...but creating or chasing or visioning what I do want seems a bit blurrier. Well, if I were perfect....or had grasped it all...really, what would be the point anymore? Might as well keep fumbling through.


The beauty of starting something new is that you don't know what will happen next.

What happened next for me once i started this blog, clueless of course of how to do this well, not sure how to arrange things on the page, still struggling with layout and settings and what the hell is a gadget anyhow? is that my beautiful middle daughter C was curious to see what I was doing and has been checking in everyday. How cool is that?


I know, some of you are thinking...pathetic, so sad, too bad....this is how she connects with her teenage daughter(wipes tear here)...her reality is very much based in cyberspace...FB,IM,iPod,Sims...and I am not writing her for her or to her...this writing is for me and the wonderful thing about staring something new is that you can't control what happens next...it is so cool and wonderful and unexpected that C stops by here on a daily basis (ok, I've only been up and running four days now, but still).


So, Welcome C! I'm glad you're here. Keep coming back! Mommy loves you!
On a different not but kinda the same, C commented on my post about breastfeeding at the public pool and she said something like "Yeah, they shouldn't breastfeed there...it's gross, kids poop and pee in that pool!" Out of the mouthes of babes (or teenagers) ! She was concerned for the health of the babies! No thought that the breastmilk would be a health concern...why? because it's insane to even think in these terms!
with love, Tricia



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers