Monday, May 31, 2010

The anti - virgo


Ok, so if I waited 'till I knew how to anything "right" I'd be waiting my whole life. I am not a perfectionist...not even close. I remember sitting outside the window where all the "ballet moms" wait while our daughters were in class. It was a small little space with chairs gathered around so we could get a peak. Astrid was a baby at the time, mabe one and a half years old and I had brought her frozen blueberries to snack on. She loved them! And they kept her occupied and content on my lap and she nursed less often (which was like a circus freak show apparently when she did) and so she sat upon my lap and I held the container. I was just staring through the window and didn't notice the look of horror on the other parents faces as I calmly sat with my toddler all drippy, squishy and purple-y from the thawing mess. What?!? I carried wipes.

I would wipe her hands every now and again and she would continue on....



I just don't get riled up over melting, squishing, frozen blueberries if my child is happy.



But...the other moms were needing some therapy after witnessing that, I can tell you that.



Of course, some of them were actually wearing white and there were definitely some heels in the room.



Mabe that says something about my standards.....mabe it says something about our priorities as a society....you choose.



I am definitely suspicious of a very tidy house...you know the one....everything has it's place and it's ALWAYS in it. Always...even when you stop by unexpected....except, honestly...I don't know any of these people well enough to stop by unexpectedly.



A messy house is a sign of comfort...a sign of priorities....my missing sock pile.....ok, that's a bit much BUT my kids know the "magic" of mismatched socks...You do know they are magical when they aren't matched don't you?


Anyhow, the point is, I can't seem to make the text here stay in the space it was designed for...or I've chosen the wrong design or I'm not doing something I should be doing. (ugh, I said "should"). So, if you have any tips, I'll take 'em, otherwise, it could take me awhile to figure it out or it could take me awhile to care enough to figure it out. If I had waited until it was perfect, I wouldn't be here with you right now.


I have found an exciting thing that I will share with you another day...it relates to the topic but I want to show you and I can't figure out how to get the pics off my camera onto the computer...I know, there's a cord...I did that but it's not working....so, soon. Stay tuned.


with love and messiness, Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers