Saturday, May 29, 2010

So, I wasn't planning on blogging about everything but this is kinda like a journal only different. Anyways, I chipped my front tooth AGAIN last night...it's utterly ridiculous really...my front tooth, seriously. And each time it happens it seems I have to work the next few days.

This time I was biting my fingernails...I know, bad habit...that'll teach me not to bite them...ah, no, I've been biting them since I was five...my dad used to put black electrical tape on my fingers to discourage biting them...didn't work...my mom tried putting on this bitter tasting stuff...didn't work...It's habit and it's not on my list of things "to change about me"....(I would like skinnier thighs...but that's another story)...So, anyhow, crunch, gasp...look in mirror...gasp...the horror...my front tooth is chipped again. Seriously.

Last time it chipped...five months ago...yeah, that's right...the damn tooth didn't even last six months...it cost me 200.00 bucks out of pocket cause our dental won't cover that tooth for another two - five years....

But the alternative...hillbilly smile (not that there's anything wrong with that) but seriously!?!

Now, I'm not a very vain person...I really , truly, don't spend alot of time on personal grooming...although, I will admit that since my kids aren't sitting outside the shower in their carseats waiting for me to finish showering....that i do enjoy having a shower, conditioning my hair and even blowdrying it. And because I can, I sometimes take up to 30 mins to do all that from start to finish....it's been years coming though, trust me.

But, I'm not the mom with manicured nails (obviously, if I bite them) or polished toes...my toes are sore from wearing steel toed shoes at the liquor store (ouchy) and my make-up...non existant for the most part...I think my kids wear my make-up more than i do....why do i think that? Because i seem to break out in itchy watery eyes every time I wear eye stuff....yup, I think they've highjacked my make-up.

Speaking of make-up...it's my ultimate useless splurge sometimes...the splurge because...i'm a woman, I'm old, (mature-ish) and I might as well try to look my best now...cause this is my prime...apparently. I only buy it sometimes, and not that often and I usually don't know what to do with it once I get it home...but I feel grown up.

So, back to my chipped tooth. It just reminded me how low on the priority list my vanity is until it's my front tooth...then I want it fixed...no matter what the cost. Seriously.

It's got me thinking...I might even shave my legs.

xoxTricia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers