So much of my life is about being a mom. I didn't want to just be a "mommy blogger", not that I am officially a blogger (but I do kinda love this as a creative outlet) but I did suspect that I may have many more layers of interesting and fascinating stories and "stuff" to share.
Not so much.
I am still on borrowed time whilst I sit here and type. (one handed I might add because I learned to type and breastfeed or hold a babe and thus the one handed typing thing)
So the meditation thing.....sweet story.
Yesterday I was bound to the usual routine of hunting and gathering the groceries for the week and Saige needed to clean the yoga studio. So off we went. She was in a good mood perhaps from reeling in a good haul of babysitting cash over the weekend. For whatever reason she decided to be uncharacteristically generous and bought me a blended coffee from Blendz. Then we started to drive and she cranked, I mean CRANKED the Lady Ga Ga on the stereo. She danced and sang in the passenger seat beside me and I could feel her exuberance like rays of sunshine.
It was loud. Real loud. I just drove. I didn't reach to turn it down. I didn't comment on how loud it was. I found myself meditating to Lady Ga Ga. I moved my shoulders up and down to the beat a few times, I might have sang along with a chorus or two but for the most part I just didn't try to change it. I just noticed my thoughts and my daughter enjoying herSELF and we drove home vibrating with the rhythm.
It was a good moment.
It is a small town though and I was wishing that I had been wearing a pair of dark sunglasses.
with love, Tricia
- Happy Solstice
- The Last Wild Witch
- Mother's Blessing_Snatam Kaur
- Universal Mother - Ancient Chants, Blissful Groove...
- Sometimes you know without a doubt that you are e...
- Need I Say More
- Drum Brothers & Satsang Music
- And so it will be Sense and Sensibility as my jul...
- Some days are just hard. The perpetual cycle of t...
- Yep. Seriously. I went to see this movie last nig...
- I watched this movie last night. I have a "wish" ...
- more on meditation
- The Oculatum Day 6 Week 2
- The Oculatum Day 5 Week 2
- The Oculatum Day 4 Week 2
- So as I was making my smoothie and a fruit fly l...
- The Oculatum Day 3 Week 2
- Zentangle Zendoodle Art Play- Hand in Circle Manda...
- Today there were a few of those rare (ok, not so...
- The Oculatum Day 2 Week 2
- ▼ June (20)